If you think your window cleaning business doesn’t need an invoice – think again! In fact, it thrives from having a professional invoice system. But that doesn’t mean you will need to do it manually.
The internet is an avenue of countless possibilities, and invoicing is one of them. A good window cleaning invoice template will not only make you look professional, but will also save you a lot of time. It will also help you get paid faster. An invoice can even help you with your taxes. It can keep your bookkeeping organized without having to hire an accountant.
Manually written invoices can be a headache as they can potentially lead to oversights and inconsistencies that will hinder your business operations. If you’re still spending a huge chunk of your time doing handwritten invoices, it’s finally time for a change.
What you need is a reliable window cleaning invoice template coming from a reputable invoicing system. By downloading an invoice template, you will save a lot of time for other business-related undertakings.
What is a Window Cleaning Invoice?
A window cleaning invoice template is a standardized form field that you can edit and use to send bills to your clients availing of any window cleaning services. This document is usually sent after you complete a window cleaning job. A window cleaning invoice template is a single page that provides blank fields for you to fill out. Typically, the details that should be in your invoice include the goods and services that your window cleaning company provided, the corresponding amount to these goods and services, the payment due date, and the payment methods.
A window cleaning invoice is used specifically for the following purposes:
- Keep a detailed record of business transactions, services, and client data.
- Notify clients that their payment is either coming or past due.
- Track and monitor upcoming payments to avoid late payments.
- Record necessary information for either taxes, legal purposes, or even both.
- Reach out to your clients (e.g., payment methods, discounts, other promos, or additional services you offer).
- Get a good impression from your clients so they will either keep hiring you for work or refer you to other potential clients.
A window cleaning invoice template from ReliaBills typically include fields for the following:
- Invoice number
- Company name
- Contact information and address
- Invoice line items, the quantity of goods/services, price per good/service, and total price
- Invoice total before discounts and tax
- Tax amount
- Special discounts (optional)
- Invoice total
- Additional notes for the client (payment terms, personal ‘thank you message,’ etc.)
Reasons to Create a Window Cleaning Invoice
A great quality window cleaning invoice template will save you time, frustration, and the risk of making errors while making invoices manually. At the same time, you will also get the following benefits according to Jobber Academy:
Look More Professional
Handwritten invoices can be confusing to both you and your clients. You can potentially commit errors, which will make you look unreliable and unprofessional. With a clean, branded invoice, your client will be able to acknowledge your company as professional and highly reliable. By paying attention to these details, your customers will know that you care about them.
Get Paid Faster
Another reason why you should start creating a window cleaning invoice is that you will get paid fast or on time. Most of the time, clients are hesitant to pay if you don’t provide them with an official invoice coming from your company. At the same time, they will also not pay you if they can’t clearly understand the itemized list that you provided in your invoice.
A professional and detailed invoice will make it clear to your customer what they are paying for, how to make the payment, and when they should be paying.
You’ll Get More Clients
The more clients you acquire means the more job opportunities you’ll get. And the more job opportunities you get, the more your window cleaning business will grow. If you want your customers to either come back or refer you to other potential clients, you need to stay organized and consistent. It will only take one false move to lose a customer, so make sure you do your job perfectly.
The same goes for your invoice. If your invoicing isn’t consistent, you will lose more clients than you will get new ones. That’s why to make sure this doesn’t happen; you need to be consistent with your invoicing. With a window cleaning invoice template, you can do just that and more.
Save Time and Resources
You’ll already heard this one mentioned a couple of times now. We can’t stress enough just how important a window cleaning invoice is at saving you precious time. With an invoice template, you can pre-load line items and calculate the prices at less the amount of time that you would spend when you do it manually.
Types of Window Cleaning
Creating a window cleaning invoice isn’t enough. You need also need to specify what type of window cleaning service you provided to your customers. There are different types of window cleaning services. Here are some of the most common ones:
Hard Water Removal
Homeowners tend to do window cleaning on their own. Unfortunately, they use a type of water solution that is not ideal for cleaning windows. Instead, what they get are hard water stains that will need professional services to remove. If you’ve been called for this particular service, make sure you specify it in your invoice.
Sometimes, your services will also be acquired for cleaning particular types of windows. For this one, you will be cleaning glass doors. A home or office’s glass door will also need cleaning, so make sure your service firm is up to the task.
Interior window cleaning is one of the most common types of window cleaning service. People are fond of DIY window cleaning thinking that it’s a simple and easy-to-do job. However, using the wrong cleaning solution will only make it worse. That’s where your services will be needed.
The outside portion of the windows are what people tend to see when they pass by a home or an office. That’s why keeping the exterior windows clean and shiny is an absolute necessity. With your professional window cleaning services, your clients can guarantee that their outdoor windows are always clean.
In most cases, homeowners have screens located between the external components and the windowsill. Your professional window cleaning service shouldn’t focus solely on your window glass. You should also clean screens as well. Window screens can be removed and sprayed outside to make sure they are thoroughly cleaned.
Salary Rate of Window Cleaning Professionals
How much do window cleaning services cost? It depends on the country and area that your business is located. The majority of U.S. states have average window cleaning rates of $2 to $7 per window pane.
Alternatively, some companies also charge at an hourly rate. For a full-house window cleaning service, the average cost is about $265. Encourage your clients to acquire your window cleaning service at least twice per year. That way, they will have a high chance of coming back for your service.
How to Create and Send a Window Services Invoice
At this point, you already know what a window cleaning invoice is and why it is an important document for your business. Now, it’s time to know how to make one. In this section, we will show you a step-by-step process on how you should create and send your window cleaning invoice.
Make sure you follow the steps outlined below:
- Create your free window cleaning invoice template on ReliaBills by creating a free account.
- Start filling out the blank fields starting with the logo.
- Continue with your business name and contact information.
- Fill out the client’s name, company name (if applicable), and contact information.
- Add the invoice issue date, payment due date.
- Make sure you also add a unique invoice number.
- Include the date of service rendered, along with an itemized list of the services provided.
- Add discounts (optional), and taxes; calculate the total amount and place it at the bottom portion of your invoice.
- Add your payment terms and instructions.
- When you complete a job, ask your client if they are 100% satisfied before you proceed to create your invoice.
- When they say ‘yes,’ email your invoice to your client for payment.
That’s it! These are all the steps that you need to know. It’s may be a lot of steps. But trust me – it’s fairly simple than what it looks.
Automate Your Window Cleaning Invoice with ReliaBills
Now that you know how to create a window cleaning invoice, the next step is to automate your billing strategy and achieve even more convenience. With ReliaBills, you can do just that and more!
ReliaBills is a proven platform that helps with invoicing and billing through its wide variety of proven-tested features. From automated invoice creation to recurring billing, you’ll get the total package when you try ReliaBills.
Why Automate Your Billing System with Recurring Billing?
When recurring billing software like ReliaBills is used, the automation of your invoices and payments becomes more fluid and efficient; saving you more time in the process.
Once recurring billing software is set up with ReliaBills, our system will automatically send out invoices to your customers regularly. Once those recurring charges are due for payment, our recurring billing software will also automatically process the charges on your behalf so you won’t have to do it yourself.
The automated aspect of recurring billing helps reduce errors by removing the human from the equation completely. In addition, having recurring billing set up means that you do not have to spend time sending out invoices manually or processing payments yourself either – ReliaBills takes care of all of this for you.
Benefits of ReliaBills Recurring Billing
You may be wondering why you would need to bother changing your billing strategy at all, though, especially if it is working for you now. Well, there are many benefits of switching from traditional invoices to recurring billing. ReliaBills and its recurring billing feature is helpful for businesses both big and small. It can help any business in several ways such as the following:
- Recurring billing helps reduce the time it takes to get paid.
- Recurring invoices can help you turn recurring customers into long-term clients.
- Recurring invoices help you gain more satisfied customers by providing them with a convenient recurring service.
- Recurring invoices are easy for customers to pay, making it more likely for them to do so on time.
- Recurring invoices help you gain access to your cash faster which means that you can use the funds earlier, too.
- Recurring bills save both business owners and customers money in the long term.
- Recurring invoices help businesses better manage cash flow.
How to Get Started with ReliaBills?
While our recurring billing service can improve your business in a number of ways, it is essential to note that you will still need to get started in order to get going. Before migrating over to ReliaBills, be sure that you are willing and able to commit to regular invoicing and payment schedules. If recurring billing is a good fit for your business, then you can set up ReliaBills in no time by simply following these steps:
- Create a ReliaBill account (it’s 100% free!).
- Pick out the plan that works best for your business; either the basic plan or the premium plan (ReliaBills PLUS).
- Select which features will work best for you.
- Create an invoice, set it to ‘recurring,’ and set the schedule.
- Enroll your customers to AutoPay so you can start charging them automatically.
Once you have your recurring billing set up, remember to make use of it by invoicing and collecting payment on a regular basis (ideally weekly or monthly) for maximum convenience! Additionally, be sure to automate other aspects of your business, such as email campaigns, follow-ups with leads, and more using marketing automation software.With ReliaBills, you can automate your entire invoicing and billing to make business operations easier and more convenient not only for you but for your customers as well. Visit our dedicated page to recurring billing to learn more. But if you’re ready to give ReliaBills a try, you can create a free account now and gain access to our basic plan. You also have the option to upgrade to ReliaBills PLUS for even more features.
Creating a window cleaning invoice will make a world of difference to your window cleaning business. All it takes is to follow the guides and step-by-step instructions provided in this article and you’re all set. If you want the best window cleaning invoice template, check out ReliaBills now! This professional invoicing system will get the job done for you.